Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Baby is Gone...

Jed is officially on his mission! He flew out yesterday and called me from the airport at 6:20am. It was so good to hear his voice, and to know that he survived the MTC. He commented that it was difficult for him to be in Provo, knowing that his home was only 20 minutes away. He enjoyed the classes, and learned a lot. However, he said that he felt like he had forgotten all of it! I'm sure that he will do well on his mission. Well, he's in his Mission President's hands and the Lord's hands...and the kind people in Iowa.

Talking to him made me miss him so much. Of course I started crying when we said goodbye. (Don't most Munsons cry at the word Goodbye??? lol) It also made me miss my sons Jake and Josh, who are in CA selling security systems again this summer. I touched base with all of the kids yesterday. Needed to hear their voices and to feel the joy that I feel in talking with them.

I'm cheered up today, because Jenny is coming tonight with her little doggies to spend the night. Rusty flew out yesterday for his job in Alabama, so she is alone too. We're going to go to the new Will Smith movie tomorrow. It will be fun to have her in our home with me and Don. Tomorrow night we are going to a barbeque at Don's parents home. And then will go somewhere to watch some fireworks. It should be a nice evening.

I'm so looking forward to it!!!

Happy 4th of July to all!!!

2 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

I feel for you RJ. good thing it is a holiday and you can think of something else for a day or two! See you next week

Linda said...

Your son will be back before you know it!(easy for me to say, right!) I know how hard it is to have them gone. I would have been crying my eyes out too. He will be safe and have a great experience! Hope you had a great 4th of July! Have fun with your daughter.