I have a niece, that is going to shave her head this Saturday, in order to earn money for children with cancer. I thought that this was such a nice gesture to do! I don't think that I could quite make myself do this...I might think about it, but would probably never actually go through with it! So I'm passing the information along to all of you. If you would like to support her in this, you find her (Stacie Botkin) under the Find a Participant Tab on the website. It's super easy to do, and if you want to donate in memory or honor of someone, they will even send them a nice card. It's a great idea! Way to go Stacie! (Unfortunately, this program will not copy and paste photos onto new blogs. Take my word though...she is a blonde haired and blue eyed doll...and very soon to be bald and blue eyed doll! And will raise her a lot in my eyes, for this very unselfish gesture!!!) What a great hubby she has, to support her in this!
Stacie's Blog:
I am also taking a HUGE plunge into the world of bald people! I have decided to participate in an organization called St. Baldricks Day. Our job is to raise money and shave our heads and their job is to do cancer research for kids! So .... if anyone wants to say that they contributed to making me bald- now is your payback. My goal is $1000, so visit the website and make a donation! Even if it is $5- You can even be anonymous! But, remember to find me under 'Find a Participant.'
For info or to make a donation: http://www.stbaldricks.org/
And say good-bye to my curly locks!
Pass the word and Thank You for your support! Stacie Botkin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow! I wouldn't be able to do that either. She's really brave. At least hair grows, right? :)
That is awesome your niece is doing that. I don't think I could do it! I look awful with hair let alone without hair! She sounds like a great and wonderful person.
I have to say she does look beautiful! She has great beauty on the inside and the outside!Thanks for putting this post on your blog, sister!
Post a Comment