Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas Day. What more can I say. It was restful, relaxing, fun, entertaining, thrilling, fulfilling, and wonderful!!! First, let me say that yes, we spoke to Jed. He's doing so good! I have a feeling that he is one of those missionaries that does everything right, and strives to do better all of the time. (That would be his perfectionism from his father kicking in! A good trait!) At the moment, he has a spanish companion, and teaches LOTS of spanish investigators. Does he speak spanish? Oh no! But he loves it...and is getting where he can understand what is being said. He's a zone leader, and he is enjoying that responsibility also. He's also getting transferred this week, so is a little anxious to think about a new companion and area.

Next, on Christmas Eve, Don's boys Todd and Blake, his parents, and Josh all came over for dinner. We had my traditional feast...funeral potatoes, Honeybaked Ham, red jello w/whipped cream, corn, rolls, chocolate cake w/peppermint whipped cream on it. YUM! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! It was such a special meal with all of them. (Brent was flying in from Cancun, so he missed it. Boo Hoo, right?!? Yes, I'm a little jealous he got to go to the warmth!)

Josh spent the night, and we were glad. It was strange waking up to not many people in the house. Last year we had Josh and Jake, and this year just Josh since Jake got married. Times change! Throughout the day, all of the kids and Don's parents came over. Unfortunately, I didn't grab the camera (and Don didn't either) when his kids were here. So we have no pics of them...just believe me that they loved their gifts! lol.

We had such a good day, and felt so blessed to share it with our children and his parents. It was very nice. We all pieced on the leftovers from the dinner from the night before, and I made up a 7 layer dip, and some cheese balls. Yum, yum, yum!!!

Me, Don, Nadine, and Larry. We took this pic using our new tripod for the camera! Yeah!







Jake and Britt...always clowning around!



Josh...not quite sure what to do, since he was the single guy here. Gotta find him a wife!!! :)




Jenny and Rusty...what a cute pic of them!
I hope that your Christmas Days were as nice as ours was. Love you all!

2 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

Looks like you had a busy day, that is nice. I want to eat your yummy dinner! I love everything you had on the list that you cooked although I have never made mint whipping cream, it sounds yummy! Sure love you.

Penny said...

Isn't a call from a missionary the best present ever. I sure had a hard time hanging up. When does Jed come home? I showed Adam the picture you posted of Tyler and Adam had no idea who it was. All his golfing boys have grown into men. I am glad your Christmas was enjoyable.