Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Calendar

Okay. I know that it has been a while since I have posted anything. And now summer is gone, as it is officially September now and the football season has begun. Here is a recap of the summer...for all that it is worth. I feel like it just flew by in some ways, and in other ways it moved as fast as a sloth...QUITE SLOW!!!

June 13th, Nephew Jared Munson's Mission Farewell in Boise.
June 13th, Don dies at our home. Julie, Josh, and Jenny all spend the night with me.
June 14th, Mom and Kim come from Boise for the week, and the food begins showing up. It's amazing! People are so thoughtful and kind. DeEtte and Julie and Josh are all in and out all week. Jenny stays off and on also. I never have to answer my phone...everything is taken care of for me. It's wonderful to be guarded and taken care of.
June 15th, went to the Mortuary w/Don's kids to pick out things, ie, casket, plot, etc.
June 17th, met Don's parents, sisters Michelle, ReNae, and Maureen at the mortuary to see Don. Gary and Rick were also there with their wives.
June 18th, met Don's kids at the mortuary at 10, and helped dress Don. A wonderful experience to share with them.
June 18th, JED FLIES IN FROM IOWA, and Jake and Brittney come in from Texas. Woo Hoo!!!
June 18th, Viewing for Don, at Larkin Mortuary, from 6-8...a large turnout! Practice the song with my family and Don's sisters/husbands.
June 19th, Viewing from 9-10:30am, and then funeral, and luncheon. A tiring but nice day.
June 20th, attended the Spoken Word with Mom, Kim, and Mike downtown. Then Mom and I went to DeEtte & Russell's ward with them at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
June 21st, Mom goes home. :(
June 22nd, Jake and Brittney fly back to Texas. :(
June 25th, Mom comes back for Jed's homecoming.
June 27th, Jed's homecoming in Mapleton at 9am. He did a fantastic job! After the meeting, we went over to Steve and Lois's backyard and had a breakfast cooked by Tod and Steve. It was yummy!
June 28th, Mom goes back to Boise.
June 29th, Jenny comes for the night.
June 29th, Don's kids come to the warehouse and take all of the equipment. What a shocker to me, and I am forced to close down 2 weeks later.
June 30th, Jenny goes home.
July 2nd, Last day of work for the employees at Miller Landscaping. Larry and Nadine struggle with it, so I take over dinner, and enjoy it with them, and Maureen, who is visiting. Michelle and Rick and Bret Hutchings also come over. Blessings are given to Don's parents, who are really struggling. It's the beginning of the end, of all that Don worked so hard to build. I've failed him.
July 3rd, Me, Josh, Brittney, and Jed join Jenny and Rusty in Fillmore for the 4th. It is a great day with the parade at 10, food and fun in the park, a barbecue at Rita Tanner's at 6, and then fireworks at night. We were able to see many dear friends!
July 4th, Jed and I go to sacrament meeting in the Fillmore 4th ward, and then go over to John and John Cooper's home, to visit with them. Then back to Mapleton for Jed, Josh, and Brittney, and Sandy for me.
July 5th, I go to Julie and Bob's to swim with their family in Alpine. FUN!!!
July 8th, Jenny comes back for a visit. I end up at the After hours clinic, because my gallbladder is acting up. Also, I finally get the guest book from my RS President, cause someone found it at the church! Halleluiah!!! (Lost for almost a month!)
July 9th, in to the doctor for an ultrasound and some bloodwork on my gallbladder. Also my last day as an employee at Miller Landscaping. Tearfully I walk away from my most favorite job I've ever had, with the best boss that I've ever had.
July 10, Nadine's fun 75th Birthday party...at a park. Jenny goes with me, and then heads home to Fillmore. A fun day!
July 11th, I enjoy lunch at Julie's home, with her and Bob, Molly & Todd, and Nick & Sabrina. Lots of fun!
July 12th, Larry, Nadine and I go to the cemetary to pick out Don's headstone, and get it ordered. A rough day...very emotional.
July 13th, I go to an inspirational speaker at the Sheraton downtown, with my sister Linda and friends. Great speaker!
July 14th, I buy a laptop...so that I can get some internet and start looking for jobs. Also go to the card class at 7pm that night.
July 15th, I get to prepare for my colonoscopy the next day. I cannot drink the prescribed liquid, so the doctor lets me take something that is lots less liquid. Why didn't they just prescribe it in the first place?!? No sleep this night...up every so often. It is awful!!!!
July 16th, First Colonoscopy of life. I cry as I'm laying on the bed, waiting for it. Angry with Don, for making me go through it alone! He should have been there for me, as I was with him for his. Found 2 polyps...recommended another one in 7-9 years. Guess how long I'll be waiting?...yep...at least 9! My dear RS president drove me to it and picked me up. What an angel! Also Jed comes up to spend the weekend, and to go out with Cydnee Christensen.
July 18th, Attend the Talbot's homecoming with Jed...his mission president and wife. It is just down the hill from us, and he gets to see lots of companions. I give them a big hug and thank you for taking care of my son!
July 22nd, I get my Mammogram! Joy!
July 23rd - July 26th...go to Boise. Enjoy a wonderful time there...go to a movie with mom, Kim and Mike, and just relax. Also spend time with Becky. We go to an outdoor concert in the park...that is a mess! TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR THE EVENT! Struggle to come home from Boise as my house is so lonely and full of memories, but make myself do it on Monday.
July 28th, I turn 50. Big whoop. What should have been a good day for me, is filled with heartache, however, my week is filled with luncheon dates and good wishes from my friends and family. I'm always remembered by others, which touches my heart. Everyone is so kind to me!
July 30th, Endoscopy to try and find where I am losing blood. No sign of anything wrong. Yeah! However, they find a bacteria that could lead to stomach cancer or bleeding ulcers, so I get to do 10 days of 2 antibiotics, and prilosec.
July 31st, Go to my dad's reunion near Preston in the mountains for the day. Jed goes with me, and we have a great time.
Aug 6-8, Jed comes for the weekend, to date Cydnee.
Aug 7th, Go dancing with Karen Campagna...it is fun to have a girl's night out!
Aug 9th, test on gallbladder in radiology. Forgot the name. Movie in the afternoon with Carolyn Johnson and Barbara Ingebrichson.
Aug 10th, dinner at Texas Roadhouse in AF, with Linda Easley. Way fun!
Aug 11th, monthly cards at Debra Simons home. Love these evenings!
Aug 12th, little Boston is 4...sent a card and hope he got it. I'm not a part of his life anymore, and it is sad. I miss him and little Beckham.
Aug 13th, I help at the ward Primary activity day. Get to wear my swimsuit and help...lots of fun!
Aug 14th, go to my first dance by myself since Don dies. It is at Wheeler Farm and I stay just over an hour. It is too strange to be there without Don...and brings back memories. Jed is here for the weekend again to date Cydnee.
Aug 17th, help Deann Kennedy in her classroom at the elementary, in setting it up.
Aug 18th, help Vickie DiPietro in her classroom at the elementary, in setting it up. Then go out to lunch with Julie for my birthday to Olive Garden. Yum!
Aug 20th, go to Prince of Persia by myself, and then pick up my RS president's family at the airport. Jed comes for the weekend, to date Cydnee.
Aug 21st, I decide that I need to go back to school, since I am not having luck finding a job. I figure that there are too many over qualified people out there, and I need to get MORE qualified for a job. Plus then I can make more, as I will be working for a while. I'm going to check into LDS Business College, that is located downtown SLC. I also go to the Dee's dance at Trolley Square. It is better than the week before, but still hard to go by myself.
Aug 24th, I go to the college and talk to an admissions counselor, and request my transcripts from BYU Idaho.
Aug 25th, I go on a motorcycle ride with a friend.
Aug 27th, I attend a church dance at Spring Lane...not too far from Don's parents. Jed also comes up again for the weekend. I love having him come!
Aug 28th, Jake & Britt, and Jed & Cyd come over for dinner. Jake surprises us by bringing Tyler A. with him...it is a tearful reunion between Jed and Tyler. They haven't seen each other since before Tyler's mission...over 2.5 years before! It's pretty cool! I go to a movie with my friend.
Aug 29th, I have my interview with the Bishop and with a member of the Stake Presidency, for LDS Business College.
Aug 30th, I turn in the papers from the church for school.
Sept 2nd, I find out that BYU Idaho cannot find my transcript request, so I fax in another one.
Sept 3rd, Becky flies in from Boise! We go looking at apartments, and out to dinner at PF Changs, and then a movie. Fun times!
Sept 4th, Jed comes for the weekend, and me and Becky look more at apartments, and then go swimming at Tom's pool. Then he takes us out to dinner, and we all go to the Dee's dance at Trolley Square. It's up ontop of a parking garage, and is way cool! Fun dance!
Sept 5th, After church, Becky, Donna Child, and I go to a fireside. We sit with Tom, and enjoy it. Then Tom comes over to watch a movie. It's great to have a mini party with them.
Sept 6th, Becky and I go out to breakfast with Cydnee and Jed at IHOP, and then me and Beck look at apartments more. She flies out at 4. We both cry at the airport. I've loved having her with me for the weekend.
Sept. 7th...I get my email telling me I'm accepted at school!!! So I try to register for my 6 classes, and realize that I'm going to have to go into school to get 3 of them okay'd. Boo! Guess that's where I'll be going tomorrow!

So....that's a lot of info! But I figured that I should put it on here, more for me than for you. I just needed to chart it all for me on here. (It's way more info than I normally put on. Hope you weren't too bored with it all!)

So school starts next week on the 13th. I'm trying to get 6 classes, and have 3 of them. Tomorrow I'm going back down to school to fight for the other 3 I guess. And so a new chapter in my life begins. Still no death certificate, so no money yet. No headstone yet either. And no idea of where I'm going to be moving to. I just know that it will be closer for me, so that I won't have to travel so far every day. (Yep...looks like I'll have classes 5 days of the week...since I'm so late in registering!) The joys of college...again. Well, at least my mind will be busy and occupied, instead of nothing to do, right?!? I just hope that I can get the 3 classes that I want...or I may have to be behind on some things. I really feel like this decision is right for me though. I need this degree for me, and also for my future. I'm going to get a 2 year Executive Administrative Assistant Degree, and know that when I am done, I'll be way more marketable.

Well, I've gone on long enough! Before I leave, just let me say that Utah, BYU, and BSU all won this weekend. I wonder how long that will all last! Love you!

5 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

Wow, that was a long post, nice to reread all that happened this summer, it was a trying time for you. Glad you are able to move on and start something new. I am not sure how I would be going back to school. It will be quite an adventure I am sure!!! All the best to you as you start this new phase of your life. Love you!

Jim and Katie said...

Whew, that was tiring just reading it! What a tuff few months you have had...but you've made it this far! hang in there - I love ya, Katie

MOLLY said...

how did you remember all of that?! you have been busy! love you, good luck with school starting, what an adventure!

C said...

Rae Jean I SO admire you!! Just knowing you through the years, and everything you've gone through you've ALWAYS had such unshakable faith! Sending you my love girl!!
PS exciting for you getting into school! You will be great! Good Luck : )

Linda said...

Nice post...kind of bittersweet to recap your summer. Glad you have some good times mixed in with the rough times. Love ya!