Friday, January 18, 2008

New Horizons

I'm changing jobs, shifting gears, moving on. I've given my notice here at LDS Philanthropies and am going to work for Miller Landscaping. Yes, I'll work for Don. I am looking forward to the new experiences and challenges that will come with it. I will get to help him with his books, accounts, billing, phones, bids, etc...needless to say, there will be a lot to do for the company.

I'm going to miss working for the church...however, I will NOT miss wearing a dress and nylons everyday!!! Yes, in the heat of summer...105 degrees to the cold of winter...8 degrees, you have to wear the dress and nylons. That is something that I did not enjoy. But I did work with a lot of wonderful people, and the atmosphere was so good to work in. I was treated very well, and made many friends there.

Another thing that I will not miss, is my commute to work. I ride trax in every day, and the train ride takes 25 minutes. Then there is the drive to the train station, which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 25 minutes in the 5:00 traffic. The commute to Don's warehouse should be MUCH shorter for me. However, I will have to find another time of day, to read my scriptures and novels. I have enjoyed that aspect of it!

It will be a new adventure for me, and I'm looking forward to beginning it on Monday. I will be working in both offices for two weeks part time, and then for Don full time until the church finds someone to replace me. (who am I kidding?!? I am irreplaceable!) Then I will train them and be fulltime for Don from then on.

Miller Landscaping Here I Come...in levis and a tee shirt...well, I'm sure I won't be that casual every day. But it will feel good to know that I can wear what I want to, when I want to. Yippee!!!!

No comments: