We stayed at home this year, and went over to Don's sister's home, ReNae in Holladay. My children were with Tod this year, and Jenny and Rusty were with his family. (I guess that after they were done with his, they went for more at Tod's parents home with the rest of the family.) We had a great meal...I made rolls, Chocolate Cream Pie, and Lemon Meringue for it. I enjoyed the food, but missed mom's sweet potatoes! Gary and ReNae actually had 2 flavors to choose from, but neither were like mom's. It was great though...with lots of family, and yummy food.
Then on Friday, we went to work for a few hours, and then took off for Escalante. We drove over Boulder Mountain...through some sheets of ice. (Note to those traveling that way...look out!) It's at a higher elevation than you remember! We had such an enjoyable time there with mom and dad. It was so good to go "home". What is there about that? Whatever it is...it was nice! Don helped trim bushes, and then put up the Christmas lights, Miller-style. Let's hope that they stay up! He wanted to go to the Hole in the Rock, but we ran out of days. We are planning on going back and doing that sometime. Dad also took Don on a tour of Escalante and the area on the 4 wheelers. Mom helped me make a batch of peunoche. It tastes so good! And I got to eat some of their leftover Sweet Potatoes...so the weekend was a huge success for me!!!!
We came home through Fillmore, and picked up some of my Christmas items, namely the tree. One of these times, I really need to clear out the storage shed. Things have been in there for 4 years now. I really don't even want to think about that! If we ever get into a larger home, we'll empty it out and move it to our home.
We also stopped for dinner at Nick and Laura's in Lehi. It was such a good ending to the weekend, seeing little Boston and Beckham, and eating Taco Soup. Tasted great after traveling. Then me and Don tried our luck at Guitar Hero. It was fun...but we felt like spazzes! We were kicked off on both songs that we tried to do. I could see how you could get addicted to it though. Little Boston had his own little guitar, and he was so cute, playing along.
This week, we put up the tree and had the lights put on our home. Yeah!!! It is the first time in 4 years, that I've had lights on the house. I love them! Makes the neighborhood so much more beautiful. I've been working hard on getting Jed's package ready to mail tomorrow, so I've also cut and wrapped a batch of carmels, and made Cashew Crunch. I should be able to send it tomorrow to him. Yeah! What a relief it will be to get it off to him and then focus more on the rest of the presents.
I hope that you have all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving weekend too. I sure love and appreciate all of my friends and family. Life just wouldn't be the same without you in my life!!! Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! Need your candy recipes!
Hi Jeanie, we also had a nice Thanksgiving, with early morning shopping Friday, 4 am! I am sitting listining to Christmas music and it is really nice, thanks for the update, DeEttie
I am so jealous you got to make candy with Mom! I'm going to call her and ask her to bring me a piece next weekend! Ha! Glad you got to to Escalante! I now Mom and Dad really appreciated it, too! Can't wait to see you soon!
Yummy! Homemade carmels! Hey so we heard July 28th is a pretty special day for you too! We're sure looking forward to that date, and also looking forward to seeing you and your family this weekend!
Post a Comment