As usual, once the snow starts to fly, my life becomes on auto-mode. We have spent so much time in the plow truck, that it starts to blurr!!! I love it though! We had a week where we plowed 3 different storms, and then a lull, and then a whopper of a storm on the 26th. We actually got to spend all of Christmas at home...having a great day with family that stopped by, and then just relaxing. However, the storm started before we went to bed, and we were out the door at 1:00am on the 26th. We plowed until 9am, and then I went to the office and spent some time inputting, and such. We didn't go to bed until 6:30pm that night, and while we thought that we were laying down for a "nap"...at 11pm we decided to put on our pj's and climb into the covers! lol. We slept all of that night!
Back to the happenings! We had such a great weekend on the 13th, when family came from Boise for the annual Mo Tab concert. It was nice to get together for lunch at Hoppers on that Saturday, and then hit Little America on Sunday with Rusty, Jenny, Jake, Brittney, Don and me, Kim & Mike, Stacy & Travis, Tucker & Michelle, and mom and dad. (I have no idea why Josh stood us up...afterall...it was free food!) Due to the storm, we did not make it to the concert this year.
Then on the 19th we had tickets to Neil Diamond. It was totally amazing! He is so humble and loves his audiences. We had a great time! We even drove our plow truck there, and got to park free, for plowing the lot a little. (Saved us $10) What a great present to us from us!
On Saturday, the 20th, we made a little jaunt to Jenny's to see her new little puppies! Her little Eva had 5 little ones...3 girls and 2 boys. They are jet black, with small markings. It will be fun to see if they will look like Harley or Eva. Harley was definately offended...and felt left out! Jenny said that he has had a hard time with the puppies. Eva has totally ignored him, and doesn't play with him anymore. I think that he's feeling very left out!
On Monday, the 22nd, we had the Miller Christmas Party at Cowboy Grub. Because Nadine, Don's mom, is recovering from a broken leg, and one of the nieces had a baby that was at intensive care in the hospital, we went to the restaurant. I loved it, but they all said that they missed it being at someone's home. Whatever! It was good to see everyone and be with them. That is what it is all about! We had Don's boys, Nick, Laura and kids from our family there.
On Tuesday the 23rd...JAKE ASKED BRITTNEY TO MARRY HIM! Pretty exciting, huh?!? He gave her the ring and all. I like her a lot, and she is a beautiful girl. They are looking at April 24th for their wedding. We will keep you updated on it!
On Christmas Eve, I fixed dinner and we had Jenny & Rusty, Jake, Josh, Blake, Brent, and Todd come over for it. It was fun! We made up the big dining room table and all ate around it. We had Honeybaked ham and Smoked Turkey(yum!), funeral potatoes, red jello with whipped cream, peas, cheese ball, carrots, olives, and cherry tomatoes. It was so good! Then for dessert, I made my traditional chocolate cake, with peppermint whipped cream. YUMMY! It is always my kids' favorite...and Don loves it too! Brittney came over later around 10, and we spent time with her. She showed us the ring, and we gave her her presents, as we would not see her on Christmas.
Jake and Josh spent the night, so we woke up to some fun! We got up and going around 10ish, as we went to bed around 1am! After opening presents, I made oven pancakes, fried eggs, and bacon. We were sad to see Josh and Jake go...but Don's kids came over around 12 to open up their gifts. It was so fun to have all of them there and watch them open their presents!
About 3 in the afternoon...my phone FINALLY rings from Iowa!!! Jed was calling to talk. I got his number and then called him back. He is loving his mission! (I know, I was really worried about him!) He has a wonderful companion from Highland, and is in Des Moines right now. His ward is awesome, and actually uses the missionaries. And the area that he is in, actually feed the missionaries. (The last 6 months at the last place...they didn't.) So I don't have to worry for a bit, about him getting nourishment. Whew!!! We talked for about an hour, and then I reluctantly let him go. Of course, I started the waterworks before hanging up, and then Don held me for a bit. I cannot tell you though, what a relief that I feel after talking to him. He is happy! And he is doing as he should. He loves to study the scriptures and to tract! Yes! He loves tracting! Strange kid! This really helped to make my day...talking to Jed.
So you see, we had a great first "official" Christmas, and loved all of it! Hope yours was special too!!!
On Saturday, the 27th, we went bowling with Jake and Jenny in Provo. It was a hoot! Jake won the first game with a 173, and I won the second one, with a 160. We laughed a lot! Then we went and checked on the puppies again. They are getting so big and fat! Their eyes are all open now. Jenny said that Eva is finally giving Harley more attention again. That is good to hear! Who would ever know that there was such dynamics with dogs!!!
Well, guess that catches you up on our December. Sorry to put so much at a time! I'll try to post more often, however, it is difficult for me...not having the internet at home. Excuses, excuses! lol Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow, that was a lot of stuff to say! Sounds like you had a great holiday with family. Can't you talk your hubby into getting you internet at home??
That was a lot to tell us but thanks for keeping us in the loop! Sounds like you are keeping busy deluxe. I love it that you drive around with Don in the snowplow truck!
Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! Every time it snows I think of you and Don out "plowing" away! Glad you like it...I'm sick of the snow!
Post a Comment