Well, it is finally here! 2009...and all that it will bring to us. As I think back to 2008, I feel a happiness in my heart and soul. It was a great year for me! It brought me Don, a new job that I love, a home to live in, and a new family. There is good, bad, and the ugly...all with that "family" word! But for the most part...it is good. I just love Don's parents and sisters and their families. He's the only boy...so he's pretty much the "king" with all of them. They have all accepted me and make me feel like I've been in the family forever. It's not hard to come into it...when the prior "Mrs. Miller" was not well accepted, and anything that I do is great and wonderful to them. They like having Don back into their lives. (She didn't like family get-togethers, unless it was on her side. So Don's family was pretty much ostracized and left out. So I'm this wonderful person that can do no wrong in their eyes. I have to admit, that at times, it wears on me. We all know that I'm not a perfect person and I'm just waiting for the day when I'll disappoint them.) Well, I do love being loved and appreciated! Would be nice if it could be that way with his kids, but that is a whole other story. Let's just say, that in 2008, some bridges were repaired but the roads still need a lot of work!!! I'm positive that in 2009 though, that more work will be done.
I have a lot of hopes for 2009...and goals that I've set for myself. My top priority is getting me and Don sealed. With Jake and Brittney being married in April...we are shooting for that time for us too. It would be wonderful if we could get it for the same weekend, and then my family could all be there with us. I'm not sure what affect this will have on my kids. (I'm always worried about them.) But, Don and I have decided that we really want this. If you've never been divorced before, you won't understand what a difficult decision that this is for me. I thought that I'd always be married to Tod...and that we would have our forever after! Over the last 5 years, yes it has been that long since he left, I've come to realize that there are many good people in this world, and more than one man can make you happy. Don does this for me. And we love each other more and more every day. (Corny, I know!) So getting sealed is the next step for us. I'm so looking forward to it!
If it is in the cards, we want to find a different house also. This is a tough one for me, because we have a nice home now, however, it is not as close to the Warehouse as we'd like. It is only 7 miles away from it, but in the mornings and evenings when you are commuting...it can take up to 25 minutes to get there. Our wants in a new home are a rambler with a basement, 3 car garage, big master bedroom and bathroom and closet, nice sized kitchen, and a possible apartment in the basement. Not much right? It would be nice to be closer, and to go home for lunch. That would be heaven! Making it happen though...will be a big pain! Putting our home on the market, and cleaning it out...yucko!!! We would have to dejunk it big time. Oh well...it would be worth it. We could move things into the extra office at the warehouse if we needed to for a while. I also still have things in a storage unit in Fillmore, that we have no where to put. If we got a different home, we could get them and get rid of that storage unit. (the price is right...that is why we still have it!)
Another goal of mine, is to take some Ballroom dance classes with Don. This has been my dream forever...to learn to dance like my parents. I used to love to watch them dance...and loved dancing with my dad. We are going to sign up for our first one this month. It is being taught through the Community Classes. I'm so excited! It's once a week for six weeks.
I hope that you have dreams and goals also, that you would like for 2009. Even though the economy is down now...we can all look ahead to a great year. It will be what we make it! And I choose to make it the best year ever! Love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
It was so great to read about your goals for 2009 and the things that you have achieved!
I've always admired you and I've learned a lot from you. You inspire me to be really kind but assertive. How do you do it and still everyone loves you!
Nice blog RJ, I can seriously say that I have not even thought that much about 2009 yet, I am sure I will get to it soon, now that things have slowed down for a while for me. Isn't it funny how people are so different? I can't imagine not wanting to do things with Russell's family and enjoying all of them. They are definitely different from us but they are great! We had a wedding today and spent some time with them and it was so good to see them. Anyway, happy 2009.
Great goals. I haven't even thought that far ahead yet! Hope the sealing comes through for you in April!
Post a Comment