Monday, April 13, 2009

WICKED...

LOVED IT!!!! April 12th was our one year anniversary (ahhhh, sweet, I know!) and so I thought that it might be fun to go and do something different on it. I bought the tickets about 6 months ago...and have just been waiting for the show to come to town. Regardless if our seats were on the very LAST row in the theater (I'm not kidding!!!), if we couldn't see very well, it was well worth the money!!! (I think that I was really mislead when I called in for the seats...I'd never want the very back row! But who can remember what happened six months ago in a phone call!) Don enjoyed it, as he likes musicals, but I think that he was a little lost during the story. I thoroughly loved it, and cried at the end like a baby! The music was wonderful (man, I would love to have a voice like they have!), the sets were great, and it was fun to be in the Capital Theater again.

I just cannot believe that we have been married for a year now. It has been one crazy year. I have to say, that it has probably been the most difficult one for me for a while. Mixing families is way harder than I thought it would be. (Plus, throw in an ex...and voila! Mixture for some messy situations. BTW, I'm not talking about Tod.) It has been hard for me, to be blamed for everything that we do that is wrong, as far as Don's kids are concerned. And in some ways, it has hurt a lot. But I realize that change is difficult with divorce, and it probably helps them to have someone to blame for their frustrations. Anyways! We survived the first one! Woo Hoo! I've decided, that we will just keep on taking it day by day, problem by problem, and go from there.

We've done some fun things in the past year. We went to the Western Caribbean for our Honeymoon, Boise for my 30th reunion, went to Victor for Labor Day, went to Lava Hot Springs for Don's birthday, Escalante during the Thanksgiving Break, and Hawaii for a wedding. How can you beat that?!? Whew! Makes me tired just reading about it!!!!

We had a good Stake Conference this weekend, in which our President reminded us of something that Pres. Monson said in General Conference. It was to the effect, that we have to not be so fearful of what is happening, but be more faithful of what is to come. I loved that! Be happy, be positive, and have optimism. I'm going to try and get back to that more...and try to be more upbeat. I've noticed myself slipping down. Maybe it is time for an attitude adjustment!

Anyways! Here's to Wicked, and my Handsome Honey!!! And to another great year!!!

3 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

Loved that blog!!!!!! I can't believe you have been married for a whole year, it has sure gone by quickly. Keep your chin up and a happy disposition which is what you have vowed to do. Love you, DeEtte

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary RaeJean and Don! I can't believe it's been a year already! So glad you got to see Wicked! How fun and I'm so jealous. It is hard mixing families but hang in there! You have ups and downs whether it's a mixed family or not. It will get better. Love your new attitude, maybe I'll do the same!

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

Happy Anniversary!!
So I'm posting everything on FB for now and working on a new blog. I'll let you know when it's done. :)
Love you, Haley