Wednesday, July 29, 2009

June and July?!? Where did they go?

Where has the summer gone? It's my FAVORITE time of the year, and it is escaping! I'm trying to hold on to it, but it is slipping fast through my fingers! I cannot believe that July is about gone! We've enjoyed Father's Day, the 4th of July, a fantastic Family Reunion in Boise, a concert up at Deer Valley with ABBA, helping my parents move from Escalante, hiking near Escalante, and my birthday!!! Wow! Sorry I haven't had time to keep you updated. Here you go!!!

Father's Day was really nice for Don. We went to church, and then his kids came over and fixed a big breakfast. We kept it a secret from him, so when they showed up he was tickled about it. He needed this from them! It was awesome! We had waffles, syrup, strawberries, whipped cream, bacon, juice, and milk or chocolate milk. We spent time with them, and had a ball! Don played baseball with little Boston on the front lawn. Boston could hit the ball! Not bad for a little 3 year old. It was a nice day for Don.

This year, I'm volunteering time up at the Deer Valley Music Festival, with the Utah Symphony. For volunteering, I receive 2 tickets to the events, so Don can attend for free. I took tickets at the ABBA concert, and then went and sat with Don. I took up a picnic lunch, and we ate it underneath the stars, and listened to the music. I just love it up there. It is so peaceful, and beautiful! Absolutely relaxing and soothing to your soul. I'm also going to be helping 2 more times this summer. Yipee!!!

We went to Boise on July 9th for the family reunion. Me and Don drove there Thursday night, so that we could get my car into Aamco, to have it checked out. Kira, my darling niece, let us take it to the shop that she runs for her dad, and I'm so glad that we did. Her mechanic found a problem, that we had fixed when we got back to SLC. (They couldn't find the part in Boise!) She let us take her car and go and do some errands while the car was being worked on. We got to go and have lunch with one of my dear friends from grade school...Becky Thomson. It was so fun to visit with her! I loved it! The whole weekend was filled with fun activities and dinners, that my sister, Julie put together for it. We enjoyed being in Boise a lot, and being with family!

On July 23rd we went to Escalante, to help mom and dad pack up to move to Boise. This was the second time that they were making the trek. (They have to go back one more time, to get their motorhome, and another trailer full from the shop.) They made the first trek the beginning of the month. I felt bad to have missed that time, but was so thankful to be with them for the weekend. We had Mark, Janelle, Jared, Uncle Brent & Aunt Carolyn, Darrin, Angie, Paden, Amelia, Greta, Kay, me, Don, and of course, mom and dad.

On Saturday, the 25th, Escalante held their 24th of July celebration. We got things loaded before the parade at 10am, and walked over to the parade. Then we went to the dinner put on by the scouts at the church. Mom and Dad, Mark and Janelle, and Kay all left after that. They missed a lot of fun! Escalante puts on quite a good show of fireworks! After everyone left, we took a nap, and then went hiking with Darrin and Angie and kids. We toured Spooky Gulch and Peekaboo on Saturday, and then Calf Creek on Sunday. We were pretty worn out Sunday night by the time that we pulled into our driveway...as a matter of fact, it was Monday morning at 1am. It was a busy, but fun weekend! (We delivered dad's boat to Kay's home in Elk Ridge on the way home.)

Monday, the 27th, I got together for lunch with my sisters DeEtte and Julie, and my sister-in-law, Karla. We met at Olive Garden at 106th South. It is my favorite place to go! I got soup and salad...yummy! And yes! My sisters made them sing happy birthday to me. Embarrassing!!! But fun! It was a special visit for all of us. I hope that we will get together more often!

Yesterday, for my 49th birthday, we spent the day at Lagoon. All of my kids were there at one point or another. (well, of course not Jed! lol) It was a good day...and I loved it! I even went on the giant Sky Coaster with Josh. I posted pics on my facebook page, as they upload faster there. I did it, to get myself out of my comfort zone. And it WAS out of my comfort zone as I'm afraid of heights! Loved it though!

Well, so sorry for the long post! Just trying to catch back up...and I'll try and be better. It's hard not having the internet at home, as I have to sneak time at work. If you read this to this point...thank you!!! You're awesome! Thanks for letting me share my memories and happenings with you!

2 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

Summer is getting over so fast! I am excited to be down closer to you and the rest of the family there, I think it is going to be awesome. I think this is about the first time in our married life we have lived close to any of our family so it is going to be great. Glad you had a fun time at Lagoon. I'm hoping I get to get there with you this summer some time, my dear spouse does not really like it that well so he probably isn't going to be to excited to go. Love you

Linda said...

I can't believe it's August and we will be having snow soon and that Christmas is right around the corner! I wish I knew where June and July went!