Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer...what a Beautiful Time of the Year!!!

Summer is moving too fast! It is now August 18th, and the month is more than half way gone. I cannot believe that September will be here. The temperatures have dipped this past weekend, and it reminded me of fall...a lot! I'm not ready for my summer days to leave me! I love Summer best of all. It is the season that keeps me going.

Don talks about his perfect temperature a lot. His is 68-72. Mine is 80-90. I love heat, plain and simple, I love it! My body has never been able to stay one temperature for very long. It gets cold very easily, so when the temperatures dip, I know that I'll be back to freezing once again. In the summer, I don't have to worry about this problem. I can stand being in our home, without the air conditioning on. But throw in some cold weather, and I am back to being unhappy with my body temperature or the air around me.

If my feet get cold, then I'm really in trouble! It is all downhill from there for me. Keep my feet warm, and I'm okay with the cold. I've noticed the older that I get, that it is getting more difficult for me to keep my feet warm. Two years ago, I discovered flannel lined levis, from Eddie Bauers. LOVE THEM! However, I only bought one pair of them cause they are so flippin expensive, so they get used a lot in the winter. I tried to get more of them at the end of the season, when pants are on sale, and they were sold out. Dang it! Well, I'll try again when the fall comes in, and get me another pair. They really are a godsend to me, and help me a lot with the colder temperatures. I will even pay full price for another pair! They are really worth it to me!

I'm so jealous of all of you, that can sustain a temperature and be happy. One place that I'm really tired of freezing is in church, regardless of the time of year (cause they freeze you with the air conditioning in the summer, and then freeze you with the lower temperature for winter!) I'm all in favor of taking a lap blanket to church! However, I think that I'd get a lot of stares with it. Well, I guess that is what husband's suit jackets are for...to share with their wives that are freezing!

My sister Kim, had her thyroid removed, and told me that she finally understood what it was like to be cold all of the time. While her body has recuuperated and she is no longer cold all of the time, it was nice to have a sister that understood my pain!

I'm starting to pack on weight around my middle with my age. Who knows...maybe that will help insulate my feet, so that I won't get so cold!!!

More reasons that I love Summer, are that I love doing outdoor activities. I love to hike, play tennis, and walk the neighborhood. I love to plant flowers, pull weeds, and keep the yard looking good. I love to Barbeque and smell the smells associated with that. I love to sit on my front porch, and read a good book. I love to smell when a neighbor is using an outdoor fireplace. I love to hear children running and playing and having a good time. I also love a good Rain or Thunder storm! Mmmm, smell the air and enjoy the sound of thunder, and watch the lightening show! I love attending outdoor concerts, and seeing the stars over my head! I love eating fresh produce out of a garden. Yummy!!! I love reunions and get-togethers with family and friends!

Some things that I do not like about Summer are: #1...my allergies are in full swing! I hate that when I'm outside enjoying the beauty, my nose is either running, or is stuffed. I live on Claritin and Zyrtec in the spring, summer, and fall! #2...barking dogs. Yes, those of you that have dogs, I do not like to hear your dog barking from lack of attention! Nothing ruins a good night's sleep, than to hear a dog barking. Have pity for your neighbors! (who love to sleep with the window open, and hear the crickets!) #3...power tools when you are tring to sleep in! GGGrrr! What a way to ruin a wonderful summer morning! #4...hate camping in a tent. Put me in a trailor or motor home, and it is a whole other ball game to me! I love being there, but don't want to do it in a tent. Been there, done that and I know that it is not for me!

As you can see, I'm really not ready to let Summer go! It is my friend in so many ways. It understands me, and gives me comfort! lol. I love the smells, temperatures, sights, and activities with it all. Guess I need to move to Vegas or AZ...so that I could enjoy it longer!

3 comments:

MOLLY said...

i feel your pain, but i'm more of a 75-80 degree girl. too hot is just well too hot for me. and below 70 is too cold. i'm kind of a princess that way even tho i hate to admit that. as for tents i can definitely do without, but it's fun to be in the woods... with some kind of bear proof shelter and comfortable mattress:)

Penny said...

I love summer too. I enjoy fall but I know that winter is just around the corner and that makes me sad. I HATE to be cold too. I could live in San Diego if I could just get Adam to move.

Linda said...

I love the summer! Hate to see the fall come. We need to get together soon!