Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THE RIGHT ONE...

The last 4 years has been such a roller coaster in my life. One month I'm up, and the next one I'm down. But as of October 15th...my life has been way up! I met Don Miller then, and we began our courtship and dating.

We were lined up through a dating service that we both had joined last spring...The Right One. It was expensive to join, but they promised many success stories and that we were both so easy to match. Looking back on it, we both feel that it was well worth the investment for each of us. I've dated so many men through other internet sites, and just was not happy with the caliber and committment of the men. I was ready for someone that was in my league; both with his feelings in the church, and someone that was serious about settling down. I'd dated 'the players', and wanted someone that would stick around.

Our first date was dinner at The Olive Garden. Don had had surgery in September on his scapula, and his left arm was in a sling. I was nervous to meet him, as I never did like first meetings. We had talked a few times on the phone, but kept putting off meeting, so that Don's shoulder could recover a little before we did.

First Impressions? His eyes...blue and beautiful. And his smile...ready and gorgeous. He's not a big man...he's 5'8", and has a small frame like me. But his presence spoke volumes to me. He's not conceited, yet self-assured. He has a tricky sense of humor. It took me a little to get used to it. (I was so used to my boys and their sarcastic sense of humor...Don's was genuine and real.) He was not afraid to speak about his feelings with the church. He was forthright and honest...very honest.

We talked and talked for over 2 hours. We had no difficulty in sharing things and stories. We shared a lemon confection for dessert, and he made me eat the last bite. He told me that that was what he does...always sharing the last morsel with whoever he is with. Needless to say, I was not anxious to leave him. I felt that I wanted to know more and more about him. However, all good things must come to an end, and so said goodnight.

Less than an hour later, we both sent each other texts...at about the same time. And so our friendship began. 13 weeks later...he is still a very big part of my life. And someday soon, I hope to be a permanent part of his life. But again... I have to remember...all good things come to those who wait!

5 comments:

MOLLY said...

i love your choice of music especially bossy. i love that song but i'd hardly call you bossy. you do have attitude tho yep you're a diva ;) so yeah, i think the song fits

bkbishopfamily said...

I am in love with your hairdo! you look so awesome, and your beau is very handsome-a beautiful couple! sounds like things are going well for you, I am so happy. Don reminds me a bit of Mike (in the way that he treats you-Mike treats my mom like a queen. It is sowonderful to see!) Hope all is still well. also, your kids look so good! how canI get ahold of Jed?

Jim and Katie said...

Hey RJ, looks like you're getting the hang of this thing....music and a friends list, good job! Has Don read you little "shpeel" about him? I'm sure he'd be flattered!

Dallas and Jessica said...

The blog looks good! You and your friend look very nice together. I love the new haircut too. Keep up the blog it's fun to hear what's going on in your life.

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Rae Jean- That was me that just posted that last comment, but for some reason it said I was Dallas and Jessica. I too and just coming into the technology world.