Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is Coming...

I know that it is! My bulbs are coming up in my front yard. AND the phone is starting to ring again at work, which means that people are thinking about cleanups, fertilizing, etc. It's so good to know that it will soon be here. Now if we can just get the temperature above 60...I'll be happy.


What words remind you of Spring? A few of mine are: Renewal, Atonement, Blossoms, Rain Showers, Rainbows, baby animals, Bulbs blooming, Lilac Bushes, Easter, Easter Eggs, Cadbury Eggs, Easter dresses, Bunnies, Easter Baskets, Sunshine, Clouds, Windy days, Flying Kites, Walks in the neighborhood, and Allergies!!! lol.

I went to Boise last weekend, and helped my parents with their yard. We (Don, Jenny, and Jake) pruned rosebushes, trimmed shrubs and fruit trees, and pulled unwanted grass around the plants. It felt so good to get outside and do that for my parents. Don and I were a little sore the next day...but the service that we gave, far out-weighed the discomfort that we felt. It was good to be in Boise, and to help out in some small way.

My dad is not doing well. Each trip to see him, breaks my heart more and more. My dad had such a zest and love for life. The Hospice nurse told my mother that he only has weeks left, instead of the months that we thought. That has made me realize that his new journey will begin soon. I hope that I will be ready to let him go to it. I think that I can, if only to see him out of pain. It is not fun to watch the ones that you love suffer. And when you can do nothing to alter it, you feel even more helpless.

My mom has been his rock. She is amazing and does not falter with his care. We go in and try to help her out, but she prefers to do it. It is so tender to watch her take care of him. She has learned when he needs to be alone, and when he needs her. I watched her this past weekend, and was truely in awe of the person that she has become. She has not let it beat her down, and she has not given up with his care. Her love for him, is shown in the way that she has stayed by his side and supported him.

Yes...Spring is almost here. While Spring signifies new life on earth, maybe, just maybe, it will also mean a new life, or the continuing of another life, for my sweet father. We will be left behind to live our lives without him. Though we will miss him, we will learn to cope...and will hopefully meet up with him later. Also because of the atonement and resurrection of our Savior, if we live as we should, we will all meet up again. In fact, the reunion will be sweet, joyous, and tender. Just the thought makes me want to be such a better person!

Spring...I will never think of it the same way again. It signifies so much to me now, and perhaps means more to me...and will always have a special place in my heart. I think that I am to the place, where I can add Release to my Springtime words...and pray for my father, so that he can begin his next phase of his life.

A special thank you to all of my family in Boise. They do so much for mom and dad, when I can only do little snippets of time. They will never know of the gratitude in my heart, that I feel for them. They are truely dad and mom's ministering angels!!! I love you all!!!!

2 comments:

Barney Blah...g said...

Really good Rae Jean!!!!! Loved It.

Linda said...

What a great post Rae Jean. Everything you said is so true. So sorry to hear your father is not doing well....but you will see and be with him again. Love you!